A Mobile POS that Engages Customers Anywhere
Today’s connected consumers demand a personal shopping experience that can only be met when sales associates are no longer tied to the cash register. iVend Mobile Point of Sale (mPOS) enables retailers to engage and transact with shoppers from anywhere on the store floor or remotely via any iOS or Android mobile device. With mobile access to all core point of sale and customer service functionality in-store staff can convert more sales without leaving the consumers side.
For retailers with limited floor space, pop-up shops or simply looking to evolve the customer experience and streamline the sales process, iVend mPOS serves the omnichannel retailer with an interactive, mobile point of sale system that combines personalised selling with enterprise-wide inventory visibility, real-time sales data, product availability, customer history, promotions, loyalty points, Buy Online, Pickup In-Store functionality and wireless payments.
Why iVend Mobile POS
Use the same hardware support other store functions when customer traffic is quieter, for example, mobile based inventory management.
Sell Anywhere, Anytime
Line-bust to get customers through the check-out line as quickly as possible. Easily expand checkouts when store volumes increase. Manage long lines during the busiest parts of the day or season to avoid potential lost sales, due to long waits.
Multitude of Payment Methods
In addition to cash, debit, credit, store credit, gift cards, loyalty points, coupons or digital offers, NFC enabled mPOS devices make it easy to implement and process mobile wallets such as Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay allowing consumers to use smartphones to pay for goods and services.
Enhanced Customer Service
Turn cashiers into sales consultants with personalised guidance on products, reviews, stock availability, delivery methods and past purchase data. Close the sale on the spot and build a positive perception of your business.
Designate a return station to avoid back-ups at the sales registers and work with the customer on a more personal level to ensure their satisfaction.
Price & Inventory Lookup
Answer customer question about a price or availability of an item without ever leaving their side and provide information needed to ensure the sale is made.
Gather Customer Detail
Collect customer details before, during or after sale from anywhere in the store or gain the opportunity to ask for customer email address even for those not purchasing to build your database for future email marketing opportunities.
Small format retail chains can expand faster into new locations and geographies with little to no new investments in IT Infrastructure with lower priced mobile devices.
Powerful Mobile POS Technology
Easy to Install
Comes with 12 languages as default, others can be added.
Multiple Tender Types
Full support for processing special pricing, promotions, loyalty rewards, paper or digital coupon based discounts, foreign currencies, gift cards and charges to account.
Powerful Business Reports
Perform the End of Day operations right from mobile devices with inbuilt dashboards reporting transactions by value, count, tender details, X-tape, etc.
Strong Security And Remote Support
Easily review the number of transaction voids, line item voids, cancelled and suspended sales etc. for loss prevention to investigate.
Fast Data Synchronisation
Accommodates a Wide Range of Hardware
- 3 sizes of receipt – A4/letter, 3 inch and 2 inch
- Wi-fi printer with Air Print
- Bluetooth printers
- IDTECH mobile mag stripe reader
- Socket mobile scanner CHS 7XI
- Linea Pro 4 printer/scanner
- Magstripe reader for iPhone
- Linea Pro 5 for iPhone/iPAD
- TVS cash drawer
- Device camera for barcode scanning
- Koamtac KDC400 scanner and MSR
- Ingenico pinpad and barcode scanner
- Motorola TC55
- Line Pro for iPAD various models
How iVend Mobile Works
In today’s hyper-connected world, smart retailers are bringing in-store staff out from behind the counter to build personal experiences around the customer.
How can iVend Retail help?
iVend mPOS gives in-store staff the ability to access product information, reviews, customer and inventory data, process payments, quickly answer shopper queries and, utilize loyalty program data to personalize offers and rewards. Watch this short video to learn how iVend Retail can help drive greater customer engagement, increase sales and enhance loyalty. How it Works
Frequently Asked Questions
What are the Technical Requirements?
iVend Mobile POS is available on iOS devices (Apple iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad) and select models of Android tablets as a fully functional point of sale terminal on the go. Deployed with the specific objective of busting queues at the check out counters, iVend Mobile integrates the power and functionality of a traditional terminal POS into a mobile device that allows modern retailer to service customers anywhere on the shopping floor anytime.
How to Install iVend Mobie POS?
- iVend Mobile is available from the Apple App Store or Google Play and gets installed on a mobile device like any other App.
- User can either specify a fixed time during the day when the synchronisation is to be executed OR the user can specify the synchronisation frequency at which the transactional data from iVend Mobile will get synchronised to the iVend Server.
- The transactional data gets synchronised in real time whereas the updates from iVend HO server get synchronised at the defined frequency.
- iVend Mobile not only works when the device is connected to the store or the HO server over a Wi-Fi / 3G / 4G / LTE connection (on line mode) but is also designed to work even when there is no network connectivity (offline mode).
How is iVend Mobile POS licensed?
- iVend Mobile POS license is based per POS terminal/ device and not per user. Each device can be configured to be operated by unlimited users giving a true multi-user usability platform. This means, you only pay for the software per device and not for number of cashiers working for your retail chain.
- iVend Mobile POS licenses can always be interchanged with iVend Terminal POS licenses (and vice versa).
How to Configure iVend Mobile POS?
- iVend Mobile POS is configured like any other POS in the Management Console. The connection of the mobile POS to the store server or the head office server is done through iVend APIs.
- iVend Mobile POS connects to the iVend Server over Wi-Fi / 3G / 4G / LTE using the iVend Mobile APIs deployed on the server side.
- iVend Mobile POS is design to work in on-line as well as off-line mode. In on-line mode the Mobile POS is perpetually connected to the iVend Server while in off-line mode the Mobile POS is functional without a perpetual connection (without network connectivity) to the iVend Server and can periodically synchronize data to the iVend Server over Wi-Fi / 3G / 4G / LTE.