iVend Terminal POS
Turning the Point of Sale into a Point of ServiceDownload Now
iVend POS Overview
iVend POS enhances the in-store shopping experience with a powerful & fully-integrated retail management system. Available on terminal / mobile devices, its multi-store, multi-user, e-commerce, loyalty-ready abilities makes retailers engage with shoppers to a new level.
Terminal POS is the traditional POS application packed with multitude of features and is the execution point for configurations done at the HeadOffice which include pricing, discounts, promotions, tender types, layaways, and returns. It’s easy to use intuitive user interface and can be operated using a touch screen or keyboard.
Stock Management with Handheld Devices
The Handheld module in iVend POS allows users to manage store inventory using a handheld device running Windows Mobile OS version 6.0 or 6.5. Transactions such as Good Receipt PO, Stock Transfer Shipment & Receipt, Goods Issue & Receipt, Goods Return to Vendor, Stock Take, item Lookup can be performed using the handheld device.
SMS integration in iVend Retail has been incorporated with the aim of benefitting retailers and their customers. Retailers can now send SMS notifications to their registered customers. This is in addition to the email notifications that can be sent out from the application. Retailers can also SMS specific keywords to the application to receive configured reports via email.
A Merchandise Hierarchy is a reporting structure under which sales and inventories of products are tracked and managed. The function of the merchandise hierarchy is to categorize products into manageable levels for effective planning and reporting. Merchandise hierarchy has multiple levels with the highest level providing an overall enterprise view and then narrowing down to families or classes of products.
Merchandise Hierarchy in iVend Retail allows to:
- Define multiple Merchandise Hierarchies in the system
- Attach more than one Merchandise Hierarchy to individual products
- Top down reporting at all Merchandise Hierarchy levels
Executing Replenishment Planning process generates stock movement recommendations to replenish warehouses or stores by purchase orders or stock transfers.
Replenishment Planning calculates gross requirements based on In-Stock Quantity, Open Sales Orders, Open Purchase Orders, Forecasts, Stock Transfer Shipments, Stock Transfer Requests, etc. The Replenishment Planning also takes into account predefined planning parameters such as Minimum Inventory, Minimum Order Quantity and the Lead Time.
A central activity in any retail organization, sales forecast enables the retailer to take informed business decisions regarding inventory, cash flow or plan for growth. Forecasting in iVend Retail provides a wide range of forecasting models with an automatic “best pick” option. Forecasts can be generated based on product, product group, product categories and merchandise hierarchy. Furthermore the forecast can be consumed in Replenishment Planning calculations.
iVend Dashboard Designer allows creation of fully interactive business intelligence dashboards for iVend users. iVend Dashboards include a completely optimized drag and drop feature for faster creation of dashboards. These dashboards created can either be viewed from within iVend Management Console or viewed in any standard browser using the iVend web viewer. With iVend Dashboards, interactive drill down reports can also be created which can be viewed using a web browser.
Inventory Control to Avert Stock-Outs
iVend Retail delivers complete visibility across retail chain. POS operators can view entire stock across stores or at the main warehouse/distribution center at the POS. In the unlikely event of stock outs, POS operators can put items on order and fulfill them from other stores or at a later date by replenishing stock from the distribution center.
- Available for execution at Store or at the Enterprise
- Generate recommendations for stock transfer or purchase orders
- Takes into consideration
Minimum level | Order multiple | Lead time | Replenishment sources | Pack size/UOM
- Sales Forecasting model with automatic “best pick” option
- Sales Forecasting can be consumed in replenishment planning
- Generate forecasts based on
Product | Product group | Product categories | Merchandise hierarchy
- Logically group items into a merchandise hierarchy for effective planning
- Define upto 15 hierarchical levels in an hierarchy
- Fully interactive business intelligence dashboards
- Drag & drop feature to create dashboards in record time
- Can be viewed from iVend management console/ any standard browser using the iVend web viewer
- Setup Product database for standard, serialized, batch managed, kit, assembly and non-inventory items
- Items can be marked as non-refundable
- Inventory control for serial and batch managed items based on expiry date
- Define Open Items which can be used with price override
- Create, manage, build and break down kits at individual stores
- Store and track offline inventory
- Create and manage assemblies at individual stores
- Data Optimization
- Unit of Measurement and Multiple UOM
- Data Purge store wise
- Barcode Masking
How Does It Work
In today’s competitive marketplace a retailer must adopt strategies to enhance end consumer experience.
The question arises how? What Retailers need today?
Delivering Superior customer experience is a key focus area for most retailers, as they look for innovative solutions and ways to address their customer service needs. A retailer must adopt a system which is Scalable, Integrated, Available, Mobile and Secure. The video here emphasizes on the technology differentiators that a retailer must keep in mind before zeroing down a Retail solution.