Inventory Control and Stock Management
Planning ahead is essential in retail. You want to be able to accurately track all stock items and have instant visibility into your retail operations. Ordering too much product results in costly overstocks. Not ordering enough is costly in lost sales and perhaps customer loyalty. It’s a balancing act retailers perform constantly.
But it doesn’t have to be a circus. A modern POS system provides retailers with powerful data and reporting capabilities to help you make better-informed inventory decisions.
Look for a POS system that includes these inventory and stock management features for optimal inventory performance:
View entire stock across stores or at the main warehouse or distribution centre from your POS system
– Manage stock with handheld devices
– Raise purchase orders in-store for local vendors
– Receive goods against PO or warehouse shipments
– Support Buy Online Pickup In-Store (BOPIS) to generate in-store receipts
– Make inventory counts and adjustments
– Perform inter-store transfers, transactions, item order and fulfilment from other stores or a distribution centre
– Store and track offline inventory