Multinational Mobile Telecom Giant Selects iVend Retail with Sage to Power Rwandan Operations.
iVend Retail has helped us improve our customer experience specially for our loyal customers. The intuitive and interactive interface of iVend Retail has reduced transaction time and eased the overall checkout process. Our customers are happier and the business is growing.
Lily Zondo, Chief Finance Officer, MTN
MTN Rwanda began its operations in 1998, starting out as an exclusive GSM network providing voice and SMS services. The portfolio has exponentially grown to include data, wireless internet, Mobile Money services, Enterprise solutions and other Value Added Services. MTN has the largest market and value share in the increasingly competitive telecommunications industry in Rwanda. It has close to 4 million subscribers and a network coverage of 99%, with a footprint that is covered by 4G, 3.75G and EDGE networks as well as an extensive fiber network.
- No integration between POS and ERP systems
- Slow processing of sales transactions
- Sage L500 provided limited access to store users
- Daily cash reconciliation was done manually in excel
- Better reporting and stock reconciliation between the POS and the ERP
- 75% increase in data accuracy
- Ability to seamlessly integrate with Sage Enterprise Management
- Increase in employee productivity by 4 hours a week per employee
- Customer check out time shortened by 8 minutes per customer
- Easy to use UI reducing employee error rate
- Increased control in balancing of the day and banking reconciliation
- Workflow approval, attachments linked to transactions like Purchase Requisitions
- Data extraction is easier and quicker
- Reporting is quicker and more accurate