Laksala – Specialty Retailer gets Timely Visibility and Decision Support around Product Performance and Inventory Levels with iVend Retail and SAP Business One
Generally iVend is covering our POS system quite satisfactorily. Laksala expected iVend to support our sales outlets by having a fast & accurate billing system since iVend can have independent databases to each store.
Once iVend was implemented, Laksala’s customer service improved and customers were satisfied with the quick service.
Allan Delikan, IT Coordinating Manager, Laksala
Laksala is the only State-owned Gift & Souvenir Boutique in Sri Lanka and was established under the National Crafts Council and Allied Institutions Act, No. 35 of 1982.
Since then Laksala has witnessed numerous changes with an ever-growing list of products on sale. Today Laksala operates through 13 branches located island wide and offer the widest variety of all Sri Lankan products at a competitive price. Most importantly, Laksala enables the numerous industries that supply goods to it to stay both profitable and in business.
Laksala houses an eclectic blend of items ranging from selections of beautifully packaged tea & spices, colorful batik-ware to an elaborate collection of art and craft as well as the finest collection of Sri Lankan Gems and Jewellery. Laksala is a one-stop guide. A visit to one of the stores feels like having visited ‘All of Sri Lanka’!
- Non-integrated data management
- Invoicing and extraction of financial data was time consuming
- Needed a reliable retail management system with streamlined inventory view
- Scalability of system was an issue
- Enhanced employee efficiency with integrated back office processes
- Complete inventory control and real-time inventory visibility
- Synchronized data transfers between Stores & enterprise ensured accuracy across Retail operation
- Achieved faster order processing & flexible promotion management
- Streamlined and accurate billing process